Join us at the beautiful Old Edwards Inn located in Highlands, NC for Dear Jack Foundation’s Breathe Now couple’s wellness retreat. Over the course of the four-day program, you’ll be surrounded by 5 other young adult couples who have gone through similar experiences with cancer as you and your partner. Dear Jack Foundation staff will guide you and your partner through four days of fun, intensive, and thoughtful programming to include yoga, meditation, hiking, a cooking class, and psychosocial breakout sessions. The goal over the course of the four days is to rediscover balance and connection in your relationship with your partner post cancer.
- Breast cancer survivor and their partner are between the ages 21-39.
- Breast cancer survivor should be 1-3 three years out from their last active cancer treatment. Treatments for chronic issues are ok.
- We ask that the couple be in a committed relationship and together throughout (from diagnosis through treatment).
- The couple must be able to physically participate in activities (vinaysa yoga and hiking).
- The couple should not be in a significant crisis in their partnership.
- We ask that both members of the couple are vested in the process and willing to be open to new mindful experiences through yoga, meditation, and retreat breakout sessions.
- We ask that participants are willing to share their stories and be respectful of others.
- Retreat registration for each couple is paid for by the Dear Jack Foundation to include programming, 3 meals per day, and accommodations. Participants are responsible for airfare, transportation to and from retreat venue, and expenses incurred during travel that are non-retreat related. Travel grants are available. Please inquire upon the acceptance of your application.
- All Breathe Now retreat programs have a focus on healthy nutrition.
- Retreats are suggested alcohol-free experiences.
This retreat is sponsored by:
RevitaLash® Cosmetics is a Physician developed, award-winning collection of premium beauty solutions designed to revitalize and enhance the health and natural beauty of lashes, brows and hair. A supporter of breast cancer awareness, research, and education initiatives, RevitaLash® Cosmetics gives back to the breast cancer community year-round, not just in October.