Effective January 1, 2017
The Dear Jack Foundation respects the privacy of our donors, and has established the following policies to assure our donors their personal information will be protected and kept confidential.
The Dear Jack Foundation collects, uses, and maintains the following information from donors:
- Contact Information: name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Donation Information: check numbers, credit card number and expiration date, amount donated, donor comments and suggestions, and giving history.
All credit card information is entered online through a secure page, sent to the Dear Jack Foundation.. When you make a donation online, a secure connection is established and your information is encrypted. The secure connection is maintained until the transaction is completed or terminated.
Information about donors and donations is handled with respect and confidentiality.
The personal information you provide when making an online donation or registering for an event will not be disclosed to any unauthorized third parties.
The Dear Jack Foundation will not sell, exchange, rent, or lease donor information or lists to other organizations
The Dear Jack Foundation will use donor information to:
- Help donors complete transactions
- Thank donors for their gifts
- Update donors about organizational activity
- Distribute gift receipts or statements
- Inform donors about upcoming events and fundraisers
- Analyze internal productivity and effectiveness
- Report to relevant federal and state agencies
- Contact donors about changes to this statement
Access to Information
All access to donor information is strictly limited to Dear Jack Foundation personnel who need to process data. No unnecessary person, group or organization will be allowed to access such data. Board members may be given information on the names of donors, donor history and the amount of gifts if needed to fulfill their responsibilities as directors of the organization. All board members and staff are required to maintain the confidentiality of donor information.
Opting Out of Mailings and Solicitations
The Dear Jack Foundation contacts donors through mailings, e-mail, and telephone.
Any donor may request that the Dear Jack Foundation remove them from the Dear Jack Foundation mailing list and/or any other method of Dear Jack Foundation communication.